On-page SEO is the process of developing web content inside any website in such a way that Google can find and index the website for ranking. Without on-page SEO optimization you cannot expect that your web page will rank. On-page SEO optimization is a lot easier and different from off-page SEO. Everything you need to do is inside your website. So, everything is under your control. All you have to do is understand the process. In this article, I’ll teach you how on-page SEO optimization is done using the Rank Math SEO plugin. You can also use the Yoast SEO plugin. Almost all the SEO plugins work the same.
Just keep scrolling to see how to optimize on-page SEO using Rank Math.
In the upper right corner of the page, you will see the rank math option. There you will find all the steps you need to follow to do on-page SEO. That’s how it appears when you click on the rank math option-
Steps to do on-page SEO-
STEP 1 –
- Type the focus keyword inside the box.
Click on the bar where Edit Snippet is written. Then you will see three boxes waiting to be filled in-
- Create an SEO optimized title following the rules under the Title Readability bar-
Here the red circles with the cross sign indicate that the title is not suitable for on-page SEO. When you will write the title following these rules, they will all turn green. This means your title is perfect for SEO. For example- I have given the title of this article- How to do on-page SEO in 4 easy steps. This title fulfills all the conditions required for on-page SEO. In my SEO title-focus keyword, i.e on-page SEO appears at the beginning, the word EASY in the title fulfills the 2nd and the 3rd condition, I also used a number 4 which fulfilled the 4th condition. So the result after inserting the title was-
- Then type the URL in the permalink bar. Follow the wordlimit mentioned in the right corner of the permalink bar. Use the keyword in the URL.
- Finally, write the SEO meta description. Use the focus keyword in the description. It should be relevant to your content. Just write something important within the wordlimit given at the right corner of the description box. Make sure that people feel eager to click on the URL reading the SEO meta description.
- After the 1st step, check the errors in the Basic SEO. Basic SEO ensures if you are using the focus keyword in the SEO title, SEO meta description, URL, and the content. It also suggests the content not to be less than 600 words. To make the basic SEO good, you need to follow the first step properly. Also make sure that focus keyword appears in the first 10% of the content. Dont write less than 600 words.
In the additional errors, you will see the following errors. For creating perfect SEO-optimized content, you need to fix these errors.
- This step starts with using the focus keyword in subheadings.
- To add an image with focus keyword as alt text, choose an image relevant to the content. Then go to settings at the upper right corner of the page. There you will see the alt text option in the image settings. There you can add the focus keyword of your content inside the box.
- Then focus on adding the keywords appropriate number of times. If the keyword density is appropriate the red circle will turn green.
- Then make sure that the URL is within 75 characters. Try making it short.
- Then link to at least one external source. Link to popular and valuable pages.
- Make sure that you are using an unique focus keyword which you havent used earlier.
- INTERNAL LINKING is another key strategy for on page SEO. Make sure that you are linking to a valuable page in your website relevant to the content.
The 4th step includes-
- Using table of contents.
- Writing short paragraphs. It is important because short paragraphs are easy to read.
- Finally, inserting images and videos to make your content more interesting to read.
Seems like a whole lot of work? But trust me, it’s easy! You can create the perfect SEO-optimized content following these steps. Doing on-page SEO is easier with the rank math SEO plugin. Just follow the steps accordingly. I hope this article will help you figure out how to do on-page SEO.